To our valued Yokosuka Community
As a result of our current governmental financial uncertainty and subsequent release of a CNIC Execute Order (EXORD), CNIC has mandated prudent but stringent belt-tightening measures to include impacts to MWR pending resolution of the financial uncertainty. As such, effective 18 March 2013, our programs will operate under mandated guidance established via the CNIC EXORD.
However, in an effort to dispel confusion and rumor, we are proactively sharing the changes that you, our valued customers, will experience in response to the mandated guidance. With that said, we will continue to keep the safety and well-being of our community foremost in mind and we will work hard to continue providing as many quality of life opportunities as possible. However, as we continue to manage this mandated situation, we kindly ask for your understanding and patience.
The following are changes in effect
1) The number of free group exercise classes will be reduced to 12 classes per week. This does not impact classes that require payment to participate.
2) Special/community events to include family and fitness events will be deferred for the remainder of FY13. Events that are 100% funded by Commercial Sponsorship or other outside sources will still be held. Events which require a registration fee to participate (half marathon, triathlons, mud run, bodybuilding) are still expected to continue as planned.
3) In consideration of events that do not require a registration fee – such as fun runs, swims, intramural sports – prizes, giveaways, and other expendable items will not be included as part of the incentive to participate. This includes medals and bib numbers. Gatorade will continue to be offered as supplies last in order to avoid waste. Water will continue to be offered indefinitely.
4) Giveaways such as t-shirts, water bottles, and race belts will no longer be offered as part of incentive to participate in fitness, sports, and aquatics events and programs.
5) Fitness challenges will continue. However, prizes and giveaways will not be included as part of the incentive to participate.
6) Discontinuance of Child Watch at the Purdy Fitness Center.
7) Fitness facility operating hours will be modified as follows:
Purdy Fitness Center: Hours of Operation
Weekdays • 0530-2200 | Saturdays • 0830-1600 | Sundays & Holidays • Closed
Weekdays • 0700-1800 | Saturdays • 0830-1600 | Sundays & Holidays • Closed
Seahawk Natatorium: Hours of Operation
Recreation & Lap Swimming: Monday-Friday • 0530-0800
Command Training: Monday-Friday • 0800-1100 (Reservations required)
Recreation & Lap Swimming: Monday-Friday • 1100-1900 | Saturday • 0830-1600 | Sunday • Closed